I'm off to Edmonton in October. I am very excited. My cousin Rob is getting married and the family is all headed to Edmonton and I wasn't sure if I was going but after much thought, coupled with the fact that Canadian North is having a seat sale, and I am off and away.
I am having some guilt over the fact that I will be needlessly wasting jet fuel, this increases my ecological footprint. I'll have to make amends somehow...
When I was young I read a book where the main setting was in the West Edmonton mall. It was written by Gary Paulsen but I can't recall the title of the book. Ever since I read the book I have wanted to go to the mall, apparently it is the biggest mall in North America. Hopefully I'll have time to go. As well, Edmonton has a number of masjids, and since it will be Ramadan then, I will hopefully be able to pray Tarawih there. How exciting!
And last but not least, I will be ready to get out of the house by then. Auntie Donna is off to Germany and Turkey for 1 month, so Cashew and I will be roomies again. The days are getting darker and colder (but I love this time of year!), so it will be nice to go to Alberta.
~~~
Not a whole lot more going on. I am going to be taking a water colour course as well as a drawing course. The 'What to do in Yellowknife' for the fall came out, and let me tell you I was so excited I could hardly contain myself. I never even looked at those pamphlets in Montreal, I always had stuff to do, but a new life and I am re-defining myself. Speaking of which, I am still job searching for something more interesting and scientific. I do like my job and my coworkers but I miss science, math, environment...soon inshaAllah!
Saturday, September 02, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
When are you leaving for Edmonton and for how long?
Mav
I leave on the 12 of October at 5pm and come back Monday the 16th in the evening. I am so excited!
Post a Comment