I know I keep saying it, but this summer has been beautiful. I thought it was over, the days were chilly and somewhat damp, but this weekend has been great. Warm, sunny, the perfect day for a hike to Cameron Falls. So Auntie Donna, Deb and I headed out along the Ingram Trail to Cameron Falls.
For your viewing pleasure!

You may recall from my post back in May, but the trail is somewhat arduous. There are some steep parts, so you need a good pair of hiking or running shoes.

This is the view looking from the bridge. A lot of tourists come here. The beauty of it all is simply breathtaking.

And finally, the falls. The water was roaring, foaming, running...you can easily become mesmerized staring at the water. Being out in nature makes me think and try to put things into perspective. What are my goals in life? What do I want to do, where am I going? What is the state of my soul?...As well, it makes you realize how vast the world is and how one person may be relatively insignificant, but the impact that humans have had on earth is very significant.

The tree lookis like it is right in front of the water, but actually it is right at the edge of the cliff, and the water is quite a ways back.

A view from the other side of the falls.

There's me! The day was beautiful...the only bad thing that happened was that I lost my necklace. One of my favourite people in the world, Iris Blue's father ('Uncle' Abdul Haqq) made me a necklace last summer. He gave it to me one day when I was visiting Amirah in Cornwall. When I asked him what I did to merit such a lovely necklace he said it was 'just for being me'. So if anyone finds my turquoise necklace on the trail, please kindly return it to me.
1 comment:
Awwwww....your necklace!!! That is so sad :( Don't worry I'm sure you can scam another one out of him.
I miss you hon!
Post a Comment