The enchanted forest is actually very close to Cameron Falls (where I was last week), but the treck is a lot less arduous. The only concern we had was that there we had to be careful about bears, we had to keep making noise. The most likely type of bear that we would see is the black bear, in which case you are supposed to make yourself look big, talk to the bear and slowly back away. In most cases the bear is more scared than you are, but you do have to be careful in the Spring and Fall seasons.

My eyes look squintly because the blackflies were quite bad. They are attracted to black, I should have never worn a black hijab, but I guess I forgot....oh and btw, bug spray doesn't work so well for black flies.

I thought this was a great photo, the little boy picking berries in the enchanted forest and the water in the back. I went to the forest with one of my coworkers, and the boy (James) is her nephew. We had a blast!

Unfortunately, we had to leave. I would have like to pick berries for hours, it is fun and I guess I was being greedy haha...I made cranberry-apple, flax muffins tonight.
~~~
What else is new? Ramadan is coming up, I fasted today and it was quite easy. We start fast at 5:17am and break at 8:04. For the first day of Ramadan, I will break fast at 7:32 and by the end I will be breaking around 6:30. Not bad at all, eh?
Auntie Donna is gone, so Cashew and I are together again. I think she is depressed. The other day I saw her on the street and a car was passing, she didn't even move! I hope she isn't suicidal, I don't want her to die on my watch...Day 2, 28 days to go...*sigh*
I am still being accosted by taxi drivers. One of them followed me around all morning last week, finally he got out of his car and practically coerced me to get it! Don't they get it? I like walking to work, it is good exercise, and why do they think it is appropriate for me to drive around the city with them? I don't get it...
Good night and peace to all!
I'm out...
3 comments:
i hope the cat isn't suicidal!
for some reason i thought fasting would be short for you but i guess not... :)
8am??? means towards the end of Ramadan you will only be fasting for an hour?? sigh, if i was where you were i'd be making up hella fasts.
Nayya:
No not 8am, 8pm, so we will be fasting for about 11 hours. LOL, 1hr fasts, wouldn't that be something!
Post a Comment