Yes I did borrow the title from Loverboy, but in a lot of ways it is true. The weekend gives you a chance to catch up with chores and tasks you don't have a chance to get to during the week, as well as catching up with yourself, taking some time to think, reflect and prioritize some of the aspects of your life. So happy Saturday to all!
Here's a list of what I have been reading lately:
Moosewood Cookbook (Molly Katzen)
-A must have for anyone who enjoys cooking! It is a vegetarian cookbook and I can't say enough good things about it. I used to try out different recipes from it when I lived at home, and I found it in a local bookstore and I absolutely love it.
The Money Book for the Young Fabulous & Broke (Suze Orman)
-This is an attempt to become more financially savvy. I'll keep you updated on it, perhaps I will be able to accumulate enough money to backpack my way around the world...*sigh*...
The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People (Stephen R. Covey)
-Judging my the amount of time it is taking me to read this book, I do have to say that I don't think I am a highly effective person and I don't imagine I ever will be...*another sigh*...
Canada and the State of the Planet (Michael Keating)
-Okay, the planet is in bad shape and Canada has a lot to work on...*sigh*...
The First Eden: The Mediterranean World and Man (David Attenborough)
-I love David Attenborough. He is the nature man who did the Trials of Life Series way back when. As well, I am pretty sure that he is the narrator for that new show on CBC called Planet Earth.
Anyway apart from that I borrowed some drawing books from the library. My drawing, painting, and exercise classes start next week, so that'll give me a chance to do something new and maybe meet some new people at the same time. Sometimes it is weird being a young, single Muslim woman in Yellowknife. There are really not very many of us, unfortunately.
Saturday, September 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
wow, you read a lot! :)
Post a Comment