Wednesday, September 13, 2006

The Raging Fire

...no, I am not talking about the "American" fire that knows no borders and made its way into Canada, nor am I talking about one of the many fires sweeping across Ontario, I am talking about the fire that is going on right now inside the wood stove.
Tonight was one of the first times I actually got a lighter to work (I am okay with matches but the safety mechanism on lighters give me trouble) and I built and am currently maintaining a fire. How exciting! My first fire and I might add it is keeping me quite toasty inside the house while outside it is a cool 5 degrees Centigrade.


Here is my lovely fire!


A closer look...

~~~

Last night during my evening constitutional with Cousin T (which was interrupted by a taxi driver who wanted to give me a lift....ummm, I actually came out to walk but thanks anyway), I saw the Northern Lights for the first time!! The Northern Lights or the Aurora Borealis were beautiful, a dancing green streak across the sky. We went over to Parker Park to get a better look at them away from the street lights...it was amazing! I was excited to see the Northern Lights and I look forward to seeing them as winter creeps in.

~~~

A few more life lessons I am learning:

-Don't put off important things in life, like obtaining a class 5 driver's license, it is not worth it. I have had my Quebec driver's permit for almost 3 years now, and if I were in Quebec I could go for a road test tomorrow (in theory), but because I didn't renew it in person prior to leaving Quebec, I have to start all over again. So my written test is next week, and then I have to wait 1 year before I can do my road test. That is a complete and total bummer.

-I have to re-think my whole position on marriage and being single. This is because I have decided that I don't like being alone at all. I will be alone for the next month while my aunt is away, and that is fine and dandy for her, but let's just say I have an overactive imagination and was always prone to being a little scared anyway...so if for no other reason than to actually be around a physical body, I think I may get married one of these days. Now for the not so easy task of finding someone suitable...hahaha...

-This one I already knew from physics class, but I am learning it all over again anyway - for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. This one is to long to explain but consider it for a moment...here's an example:eat a tub of ice cream - develop a tub of fat in places you don't want...you may know that one as a moment on the lips, and lifetime on the hips...eek!

~~~

I'm out, peace and God bless!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

are you writing the driver's test there or is there a way to write the quebec one online?
interesting life's lessons, especially the hips one...i write this as i eat a chocolate bar ;)

Sumayyah said...

Mav:
I had had my Quebec permit for close to 3 years, but the actual paper says that it is expired. If I went to the SAAQ in person, I could renew it then apply for my road test, but since I can't go there in person, I have to start everything all over. Anyway this is really all my fault and that is all there is to say about that:(

And it seems that I learn a lot of lessons the hard way, which is kind of annoying lol...even the ice cream one!