Sunday, August 27, 2006

Just chilling

Good evening and Salaam to all!

It is starting to get chilly in the daytime and the evening. I've had to pull out my heavy sweater and last night my aunt got the wood stove blazing.
The fall season always makes me feel like baking breads and muffins, and making soups and stews. It must be my farming genes that make me want to harvest and prepare for the winter. I spent an hour going through cookbooks looking at recipes...the only problem with 'cooking up a storm' when you are only 2 people is that you may end up 'eating up a storm' which isn't good for your waistline. I do enjoy winter for the most part and a Northern winter is going to be a whole new experience, one which is coming sooner rather than later.


A picture taken at Prelude last week. At the visitor's center I read that the shortest day in Yellowknife is when the sun rises at 10:22 and sets at 3:48 (or something like that anyway). My coworkers were saying that during the winter you look outside and see a lovely sunset, and then look at your watch and see that it is only late afternoon...I think they were trying to scare me.
Anyway, one day at a time, eh?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow!...and to think i found it depressing to come home from school in the dark during winter...well your fasts are going to be super short aren't they?