I went out to visit the Muslim lady I met last month. She is so kind, a kindred spirit indeed. both she and her husband are engineers, and she gave me some good tips for job searching in the engineering field. The only sad thing is they are moving to Calgary in October, which is good for them but just when you start to get to know someone...Anyway it was all very lovely and I am happy to have met her.
I went out to Reid Lake with Cousin T and the boys yestarday afternoon. It was so much fun, the lake was beautiful the water was nice (I wanted to jump in but there were a lot of people there and who likes to swim fully clothed anyway? Not me). I was content to build a sand castle with the two boys.

The Ultimate Fortress! We had a whole game going on, the archers would be place strategically to fight off the enemy invasion, the knights had secret openings, the farm land was protected...it had been a long time since I built a sand castle, and let me say it was much fun.

A demonstration of how the water run through the channels and into the 'sea'.

A half buried cutie!

After a fun afternoon at the beach we drove out to Prelude lake. The lookout was a civilized 1/2 kilometer walk from the entrance. The lake is huge and so beautiful. It was sunny and warm (not humid at all) and the sky was clear and blue. Some people were out on their boats, and I started thinking that I want a boat, but in order to have a boat, you have to have a car, and to have a car you would probably want a driver's license...note to self: get your driver's license before your permit expires, it is high time!

I can't get over how magnificent the Northern Sky is. I never paid too much attention to the sky back home, but I've noticed how amazing it is here.
~~~~~
It is August civic holiday here in Yellowknife. Cashew and I are home today and it is another warm sunny day. One of my new co-workers is coming by tonight for supper, yay! I am thinking of making a couscous supper, if it turns out good I will post about it.
An observation of one of the (many) differences of Montreal and Yellowknife. In Montreal, I didn't even know my neighbour's first name, despite the fact that we lived side by side for three years. My only relationship with them was a simple hello whenever I saw any of them, which wasn't often anyway. Here in Yellowknife, I know both neighbour's life stories. The neighbour on the left gives me the creeps.
2 comments:
Enjoyed a lot! children running a booth
I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! » » »
Post a Comment