~~~
It has been almost 4 months since I left home. I can't believe how time passes so quickly, and yet it feels like I have been here for a longer length of time. I have been learning and discovering things everyday and I have come to the conclusion that life in general is a work in progress. At every stage in my life I always thought that once I got to one stage higher, I would be able to do exactly what I wanted. That has turned out to not be true.
Reality is quite different from fantasy, and most people (myself included) have a pretty hard time figuring out 'what' they want and just 'how' they are going to get it. There are always a multitude of barriers in the way, and I think a lot of it is just a dream anyway. Not to say that dreams don't come true, they often due, but it takes work and perseverence
~~~
I headed out to Prelude last weekend. It was beautiful and lovely to see the sun set. The sun is setting around 9 pm these days, and rising around 6 am. Everyday we lose around 3-4 minutes and pretty soon it will be quite dark. Auntie Donna said that it will be full winter by the time she gets back from Turkey in October, so that is something to look forward to. My first winter in Yellowknife. My father seems overly concerned about me being cold (ummm...it was pretty cold in Montreal) and my mother seems overly concerned about me suffering from seasonal depression (which I never have before). So, I'll make sure to chop plenty of wood for the wood stove (Donna said she would show me how to use the chainsaw) and buy a sad lamp, hopefully that'll satisfy them.

Prelude by sunset. We went on a mini hike and as I was taking pictures my aunt said,
"Why don't you take a picture of that bear?" I almost died. Until I realized it was a joke. But next time I see a Bear Wise course advertised I will be signing up, you can never be too careful out here, and it is best to be prepared regardless.
1 comment:
i'm too lazy to read the article about pluto, hehe, but it sucks that it isn't a planet anymore. it used to be my favorite too.
Post a Comment