Tuesday, May 16, 2006

What's new?

Good day and Salaam to all!

A beautiful Tuesday here in Yellowknife, sun shining, wind blowing, not too hot or humid. The perfect day to stay inside and search for a job...haha. I got the job yestarday but I will hold out for something that is a little closer to my field and pays better, so please keep me in you prayers, I fear becoming an unemployed loser! But anyway I've been looking for one week only, and sometimes it takes a bit of time, so no worries.



I took this shot on my way from Grand Forks to the airport in Kelowna on May 8th. It was weird, it was warm outside but all the trees had snow on them. I am not sure why, I think it is because they were on the North side of the mountain and therefore didn't get as much sunlight, so the snow didn't melt, despite the fact that it was warm. So, there I was in my sandals taking a picture of snow and not feeling the least bit cold. I thought that was cute.

So, just for the record, Yellowknife follows the Edmonton (Alberta) prayer schedule, which makes sense because they are the closest city with 'normal' prayer times, and a real sunset and sunrise all year round. Important information for fasting; Ramadan is on its way. And to all concerned parties, I will be more careful when I am approached by people, I guess I am somewhat naive even though I grew up in the big city. And, I know I attract 'funny' people...I don't know why that is, because I am pretty normal. Someone told me you attract what you put out, but I don't agree that that is always the case, especially in my situation. Kidney-girl keeps telling me it is because I am 'too nice' (i.e. I always give people the time-of-day), but I don't think being mean would be any kind solution...

Ok, back to job searching...here I am just fooling around yestarday for my pals back home who want to see me.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi sumayyah, are you having a good time? hope all is well and you aren't getting bored. did you decide to go camping with matt this w/e?

donna

Sumayyah said...

Hi Donna
I didn't go camping because I didn't feel comfortable going with all those people I don't know...so I am sticking around here this weekend. I may take in a museum or a walk on the trail...new pictures coming soon...