Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Two Countries at Once!

Here I am in the Washington State...it isn't so clear but the post says United States
Here I am in Canada

We went for a drive tonight to see deer, we saw lots of them but they camouflage so well with the background that my camera didn't capture them so well.

Ken took my picture at this post which is the marker of the Canadian US border. So I was standing in between two countries; on one side of the post is Canada and the other side is the US (Washington state).

We also went to an organic dairy farm, a sheep farm, a goat farm and we saw plenty of horses grazing too. Everyone here is friendly, people actually say 'hi' to each other on the street. This is a great place to visit, inshaAllah I will come back here again soon. I still have 4 days to go and we have adventures planned for each day!

Good night and I wish you all peace!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oooooh, i like. where'd you get your sweater? i want it. send it to me.

Sumayyah said...

Iris blue, you may want to try Alberta out. It is a little weird being the only Muslim/ethnic person in town, but people are nice and friendly.
You are right, though, being in nature and resting really is good for the spirit.

Kidney girl, I am ashamed to say it but this sweater is from The Gap. Now, everyone will think that I'm a fake because one of my links is responsibleshopper.org and here I am parading around with a Gap sweater. I cannot even justify myself; I saw the sweater, I liked it and I bought it. You can't have it, I like it too much.