Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Seven and Counting

Good Evening and Salaam to all!

So, it's been about 7 1/2 months since I left Montreal. It seems like a lot longer sometimes, and sometimes it seems like I just left. Somedays when I wake up in the morning, I think to myself, "Where am I? " That doesn't happen very often, but I have come to realize that I miss my parents, my grandma, my uncles... I miss them a lot more than I have allowed myself to. I also miss my old life, hanging with my halaka friends, school friends and other friends. But then, things change too, or rather, people change. A lot of my friends have gotten married, some have had babies, and others are doing their own thing. So in reality, perhaps I miss a lifestyle that doesn't exist anymore, I don't know. Or maybe I am feeling slightly fed up because it is dark and dull. Tomorrow is the shortest day of the year, after which we will start gaining daylight. I'll be happy when I wake up and it isn't pitch black!

I may take a trip next month, just to get out and do something new. Maybe spend a weekend in British Columbia or Alberta or Saskatchewan. I don't know when I am moving out of Yellowknife, probably not for a while longer, but I'd like to live in Saskatchewan in the upcoming future. I'd like to go back to university once I get some actual work experience. Speaking of which, no news to report of yet, but some positive conversations with some companies and once I get myself organized I am pretty sure something will come up, inshaAllah, God-Willing. I feel like I am ready for some kind of change, be it minimal or drastic...

I am going to be housesitting these next few weeks. Aunt D leaves Friday, so does Cousin T. So I am once again, Cat-Lady Extraordinaire! I will be watching Cashew and George (Cousin T's cat) in thier respective homes. The good news is I will have Cousin T's car! So I'll be able get around easily, and I have been invited to a couple of parties so that'll be fun. I am even going to an Eid party!

Peace!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We miss you too!