Monday, December 25, 2006

Guess Who?

Good Day and Salaam to All!

Happy 5th day of Dhul Hijjah! I wish I was in Toronto right now attending the RIS conference. I benefit so much from the Reviving the Islamic Spirit conferences and the knowledge retreat afterwards, but alas I am here, in the North and that's okay.

Here's what I am annoyed about: it's snowing! I really wish it wasn't, I don't mind snow, I actually like it, but I am not looking forward to shoveling loads of snow later on. I guess it is kind of a work out, but it is annoying and I don't want to get man-arms either haha


This is a picture of the back deck. You can't actually see the snow, but I swear it is snowing, a lot!


So these days it is Cashew and I in the house. I am really making an effort to be nice and compassionate with this (horrid) kitty. Apart from the usual feeding, water and cleaning of the kitty litter, I didn't kick her out of my bed last night when she came in, I gave here cat nip today, I petted her a little and I played with her a little. So who says people don't change, hey? To be honest, my actions have changed but I still feel the same about the cat...



Here she is, she was so still, it was like she was posing!

In an attempt to do some extra acts of worship for the days before Eid, I am fasting, But my question is, why is it that every time I fast, I get the urge to bake? So today I baked some yummy (at least I think they'll be yummy when I eat them at sundown) banana-oatmeal-flax muffins.


mmmmmuffins....





No comments: