Just a quick post while I am on break at work:
(And about that, it is really, really a crime to have me here until 6pm tonight!)...
So last month I finally got my driver's license. It was high time, after all I had had my permit for 3 years, blah blah blah...
Anyway, Cousin T has let me use her car while she sojourns in Alberta. I like the independence of having a vehicle, and I feel kinda cool driving. I drove to work the last 2 days, just for the heck of it.
Today at lunch I had to go to the library to return some books, I decided to drive there (it takes about 4 minutes walking) because my books were too heavy. What a trip! It ended up taking me 35 minutes to drive to the library, park, return the books, return to work, park and get in the building! To make a long story short, I drove around for 10 minutes to avoid making a left turn...
Driving in Yellowknife isn't very hard at all. It is the perfect place for someone like me who is unsure about driving, and doesn't like: left turns, parking, highways, bridges, going above 50 km/h or having any cars around them. There aren't any highways in the city, the speed limit is 45 km/h in most places (30 km/h in school zones) and traffic is minimal.
Anyway I am glad to have the car for the next 3 weeks, but I am not entirely comfortable behind the driver's seat yet.
Friday, December 22, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
why don't you like making left turns?
This is the secret to driving in Yellowknife- Don't turn left. It takes too long-the green lights aren't long enough. It is faster to drive around the block.
Anonymous is really DL... in disguise...
LOL! I think you are right DL, so no left turns for me anymore! You know, after a week and a half of driving, I think I am getting used to it, too bad I have to give the car back next week, I was starting to enjoy it.
Post a Comment