I didn't take any pictures at the party because most women didn't have hijab on and I didn't want to wip out the camera, snap their pics, ask them to post it on the blog and explain to them exactly what a blog is and why I have one. Instead Mariane and I took pictures when we got home tonight. I wanted to do henna for this Eid, just to be festive, but I didn't end up doing any...maybe tomorrow.
So the party was lovely, good company, good food and plenty of deserts. Who would've known, there are Muslim women in Yellowknife! They just don't go out. Really, they told me they hardly ever leave their homes except grocery shopping and the occasional outing to a movie or something. Anyway, at least I know where they live and have their telephone numbers, they want to do a halaka with Arabic, Qur'an and stuff like that. I think we'll start next week.
5 comments:
eid mubarik sumayyah!
Happy Eid, Sumayyah. You look Looovelly, darling, very festive. Enjoyed reading your updates.
We've all been good down here. Doing lots of shopping (naturally), and relaxing. It's been nice. I had my birthday on the 30th but I've differed my "birthday supper" till we get to Edmonton. I've got my eye on a nice Indian feast..
If all goes according to plan, we shall return next Saturday night. Give George hugs and kisses from me (now that you've become such a cat person that shouldn't be too much too ask).
T.
Eid Mubarak!
Mav, Saima: Eid Mubarak to you both as well. I missed you this Eid, inshaAllah, hopefully we will be together for Eid in the future.
T: Happy Birthday! Glad to hear you are well and getting in lots of shopping! Enjoy your Indian feast and I will be seeing you soon. If I see George, I will attempt to pet her and show her some 'love'. See you...
LOL to the "purple-beige wonder"
Post a Comment