Sunday, December 17, 2006

Cookies galore!

So last night we had a pretty big party at the house. It was an open house concept, so people came in waves, ate, talked and left. I invited my coworkers and some friends, and Aunt Donna had her coworkers and friends over as well.
We spend a lot of time cooking, here's what we made:

-Bison
-Vegetarian Samosas
-Tandoori chicken on skewers
-Marinated vegetables
-Marinated olives
-smoked salmon and cream cheese spread
-hummus
-mixed veggies
-lemon tarts
-cookies

There is something really nice about women preparing food together. It makes me think of the 'olden' days when women used to spend days baking bread, preparing meals and feeding and nurturing those around them. I guess this still takes place in many forms all around the world, I'd love to go to Morrocco or Italy or any country and prepare food with people. I love cooking. When we had Eid parties at home, my mom and I used to spend a lot of time making grocery lists, preparing food and then feeding people. I miss being at home and doing that with my mom.

Needless to say, all the food was tasty. I'll gather up the recipes and make a huge food post one of these days. Everyone that came last night brought cookies or chocolate, I can't believe how much crap we have in the house now! Seriously, someone brought a 3 lb box of chocolate! I have to watch out or I'll be 20 lbs heavier by the end of the month, especially since my pilates class ended. And cookies, dear me, ginger snaps, short bread, German cookies galore! And tasty and all fattening.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow- you had quite a big menu and everything sounds yum!