There are a few things in life I have yet to figure out...one of them is why do people love to tease me. This includes everyone from my very own mother, to previous classmates and present co-workers. When I posed this question to my cousin (who also enjoys teasing me)just the other day, he said it was because you could an instant reaction. Of course you'll get a reaction!!
With this in mind, I present an anecdote from work. The following true emails are meant to be for entertainment purposes only. They were exchanged between myself and one of my coworkers, who's real name I shall not use, lets call him Michael. Please bear in mind that *Michael* sits in near proximity to myself.
The context, I was waiting for a fax from a company called "Yukon For Ever Green" and sent a quick email out to my coworkers regarding this:
Sumayyah wrote:
Hello
If anyone picked up a fax of a photocopy of ID for Yukonforevergreen, please let me know.
Sumayyah
Michael responded:
Hey,
Further to our conversation in person this afternoon, I do believe I have already informed you that I in fact, Did Not pick up this fax. Far be it from me to "Volunteer" to do any extra work. I'm certain you should know that by now. Thanks for your time, and I wish you luck in your ongoing pursuit for this missing work, and somewhat admire you persistence
Sumayyah wrote back:
Dear Michael
Thank you for your lovely email. It is for reasons such as this that I look forward to coming to this wonderful workplace everday.
Have a great day and a nice evening,
Sumayyah
Michael responded:
Hey,
Ummmm, Yeah, and a Huge "Word Up Homie" to you as well!! I agree with you 110%, this place Is an Absolute pleasure to come to at, 8:15 AM!! Oh, I dig it too!!! No.....Really!! And Co Workers such as yourself, are what make it All worth while!! Think about for just one moment........where else would you rather be?!?! I can't, for the Life of me, being to even ponder that age old question........I Love HERE!! there is truely Nothing more rewarding than....Here!! This is where I belong, where I Need to be, it.....kinda centers me!!! Can you Dig it?!?!
And this ends the exchange of emails in yet another day at NorthwesTel. My co-workers are not so happy that I am going to be away from Thursday afternoon until Tuesday because they won't have anyone to bug all day (their words, not mine). Can you believe it? It is all a joke of course.
This same guy *Michael* insists that I go to Baskin Robbins while in Edmonton (there isn't one in Yellowknife) and have a Kiwi Breeze Smoothie. He even printed up all the Baskin Robbins locations in Alberta, as well as a whole sheet on the drink itself. He then drew me a map of all the locations that I may go to when I get there (i.e. the one in the West Edmonton Mall, downtown, Millwoods...). Ummm, the drink has 680 calories and 121g of sugar, so I don't think I will be taking part in it. He said, don't worry about that, you'll be fasting, so just have that as your meal...hmmmm, I'll think about it anyway.
I probably won't be blogging until I get back, but I will have pictures and tales to tell, so stay tuned until next time...I'm out.
Tuesday, October 10, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Gee Sumayya, you call that teasing? Almost read like flirting to me... ;)
Happy trails in Edmonton.
T.
flirting :-D
have a safe and enjoyable trip!
you are such a flirt...you're always leaving a trail of broken hearts aren't you?
Have fun in Edmonton!
Good evening! I have arrived safe and sound in "the South" -as we Northerners refer to anything below us...
Just for the record, I am NOT a flirt!! I posted that because it was funny and I thought it would give you a laugh.
I'm heading out to West Edmonton Mall tomorrow, exciting!
don't forget to take pictures!
Post a Comment