This is the last class, although the instructor said he would be happy to go out later in July to see some of the blossoms then, so now I need another class or activity. I start softball tomorrow, but I would also like to do a learning class, so I'll see...

A damsel fly. The difference between dragon flies and damsel flies is that damsels have thinner bodies and when in rest they place their wings behind them.

Another damsel...most of my other pics of damsel flies are when they are in the midst of copulation. But then someone in the class said taking pictures of mating bugs is voyerism, so I didn't post them lol...

This is a white faced dragon fly. Our instructor knows all the species of all the bugs as well as all the wild flowers. Cool, eh? I have learned a couple of them, but I still have a lot to learn!

A green faced dragon fly.

I caught this dragon fly myself! I used a butterfly net, it is all in the wrist action!

This is an arctic wild rose, isn't it pretty?

Another dragon fly...don't forget to click on the pictures for more details.
No comments:
Post a Comment