
Happy Graduation Mumu! Mustafa (on the left), my youngest bro just graduated from elementary...it seems like just yestarday I was taking him out in his stroller and getting dirty looks from strangers who assumed that I was a teenage mom. Yes, that actually did happen, it was so annoying! First of all, who has the right to assume something about a complete stranger and second of all, I was an 11 year old, non-pubescent child...whatever!
And congrats to Mumu (my foster bro, Moumouni) who graduated high school. May the future hold good things for both of you inshaAllah.
Congrats to tthe S & I who got married this weekend. I heard that one of the speeches was a urgent plea for all young people to get married...that usually happens in Muslim weddings. Someone gets up and makes everyone uncomfortable and says that if we don't get married then we are horrible Muslims and you are only a complete person when you do get married...annoying! I guess that makes me a horrible person because I am single young woman and I left home with no 'good' reason...oh oh, I feel a rant coming on...but I won't indulge tonight.
Congrats to me; I have officially graduated from McGill University and am now a life long alumni member, yay! I spent way too much time worrying about what I would do when I was finished school. I had anxiety about the fact that I wouldn't have 'something' to do come September and how would I live my life now that I was a 'non-student'. Well, it is great! I have a job (not in my field yet, but I am still looking). I have free time to take classes, paint, read, join a sports team or do whatever and I don't have the stress of the daily commute, the homework, papers, group work etc. Being a non student is fine, I wish I hadn't been so stressed out about it. Oh well, you live you learn, right?
I picked up some good books at the library, one of them by Dr. Andrew Weil. I really respect what he has to say. He is a doctor, but he believes in holistic health, including, mental health, physical health and spiritual health. Not the guru, new age type, more about healthy nutrition, healthy living and spiritual health. As Muslims, we are taught to live this way too, so this is a good refresher.
That's all for now, peace to all and may you be blessed!
Salaam
2 comments:
yay we're McGill alumni! Did you check out the alumni website?
No I didn't...I didn't know there was a website for alumni. I am just so glad to be finished!
Post a Comment