The weather here in the North is hot! Although it isn't humid, it is 30+ degrees and I am really trying to like it... really. I am dreading softball tonight because I don't like playing sports fully covered and in hijab, it is icky and hot and annoying. Plus being out in the sun will darken my lovely hijab tan, which is gross. I like tans, but I like them all over my body, not just my face and hands...yuck! Oh the summer sufferings of us hijab-clad women, woe is me! Really, it is enough to make me want to chop my long hair off, which I am seriously considering doing...
I still haven't found another class, looking for one though. I need a life, or at least the semblance of one. I forgot about the fact that when you move away from home, you move away from all your friends as well as your immediate family...speaking of which, I was really missing them this week (despite their dysfunction haha).
I caught myself naming some of the roadside flowers to day when I went to visit the axis of evil (Wal Mart)...I needed paint brushes and couldn't find any in town today...not trying to justify myself or anything...ok maybe I am! Anyway, I really enjoyed my class, though noone seems to be impressed with my bug pictures, despite the fact that I suffered to get them. Instead of feet I have two big itchy things at the bottom of my legs, (and on my legs and arms and I was even bitten on the neck)...enough to make me want to rip my skin off.
What else? Well, customer service here is as bad as anywhere else...too long and uninteresting to explain, but just take my word for it. Sasha's Jeweler's: I am not impressed!
I took the bus today for the second time. Quite different from back home, for one there are only two routes in the city and for two, they don't give transfers, so if you are taking the second bus, the first bus driver will call the other bus driver so that you don't have to pay twice.
Well, I am off to do some painting, when I finish my series of wildflower paintings I will take pictures and post them, since Mom wants to see them anyway. Good day!

This photo is from my birthday this past June 1st. My aunt E in Alberta was saying that her dear son didn't appear anywhere on the blog, so here he is, cousin Matthew! Yes, he may seem nice at first but I know better...hahaha, just kidding, a great cousin indeed. I am still waiting to go on a canoe trip together, oh and btw, I got a phone call today from the Chamber of Mines...I won the draw from the mining week contest, so I am picking up my winnings tomorrow. Can you believe it? I never win! Well, I used to never win anyway, I guess I was just lucky...
1 comment:
Thanks for posting the picture of Matt and Tanya and the boys. I guess you don't have one of the two of you winning the big race? You will have to be sure to get one if you two decide on a canoe trip. Don't worry, the bugs and the heat do not last forever! It just feels like it when you are in it!
Aunt E. in Alberta
Post a Comment