Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Spring is in the air??

Good Evening and Salaam to All!

So it is starting to feel a little like spring, the temperature is in the low twenties (Celcius) but somehow it feels like spring may be on the way.
The days are so bright and beautiful, we are close to 13 hours of daylight and gaining everyday. Soon it'll be such that the sun sets for 2-3 hours and that'll be cool.

Apparently 2/3 people dropped out of the race at the spot that my teammate did, so go figure. Kevin Lim, a Taiwanese guy who ran 7500 km across the Sahara dropped out after 40 km, it was just too difficult in this weather. It was cold, it was blowing and it was virtually impossible. Some people even had frostbite! Anyway this was supposed to be a challenge and it was supposed to be fun, not deadly. I didn't get my chance to run in the race, but I will find another marathon inshaallah soon. Until then I will continue running with Karen, since I like it very much.

Yellowknife is still cool, I still like it up here and it has been almost 1 year. This weekend there is a winter carnival, called the Caribou Carnival. It should be fun, I will probably go out on the ice and check it out. I can't believe that 1 year comes and goes so fast! It seems like just yestarday I packed up my goods in an overweight luggage and with a hug to mom and dad off I went. I landed in beautiful British Columbia and then off to Yellowknife! And I have been here since with a quick trip to Alberta and one back to Montreal just recently. I wonder where the winds will bring me next...

Until next time, I'm out!

No comments: