Friday, March 16, 2007

Psyched!!

Good Evening and Salaam to All!

So tomorrow is the big day, it is going to be hard, both physically and mentally but I am all prepared, gear, clothing, food and I am mentally psyched so inshaallah all this craziness will be over soon! Or maybe just starting, adventure racing is quite fun and after seeing Ray Zahan last night I am feeling quite motivated. So who is Ray Zahab? He is a Canadian who, along with a Taiwanese and American, ran across the Sahara desert. He ran 7500 km in 111 days in the hot desert, across Senegal, Mauritania, Niger, Libya and ended in Egypt. Stay tuned for a National Geographic documentary about the journey, it is supposed to come out this September. Until then, visit his website here.

We had a pre-race dinner tonight at the Explorer Hotel in town. There were many people there, all the racers and the organizers. It was fun to see all the athletes and talk to some of them. Exciting stuff I tell ya...



My co-runner and myself, after a tasty arctic char meal.


For the 300 km solo race, the grand prize is a 1 Carat diamond, provided by Ekati, valued at $11 500! So anyway I just took a picture because that is the closest I will get to having a diamond. (Not that I actually want one...they are nice, but just not my thing).

More to come because tomorrow is the Big Race Day!!


~~~


Apart from that I have been doing some knitting. Here are a few pics of my 'handiwork':



This is a hat and scarf set that I made for my friend Merko...



My little cousin is demonstrating another hat I made for my co-runner. It was her birthday the other day and I love hand made gifts so I whipped this one up for her.

~~~

I'm out...

3 comments:

أبو سنان said...

Good luck.

Anonymous said...

hey summy! i hope it went well!

Anonymous said...

the hat and scarf set are nice! you are so talented mashallah!