It is Remembrance Day long weekend here in the Northwest Territories. In Quebec it is business as usual, I never knew people actually got time off of school and work for this day. We used to mark its significance by observing one minute of silence when I was in high school. Usually the school managed to get 1 or 2 war vets to come speak about the horrors.
I spent the afternoon (attempting to) knit. My first project is a scarf. I spent the evening painting. I found an old CD that one of my friends gave me last year, it is Dido. Listening to the CD brings back so many memories of my last year of university. There was quite a lot going on then and she brings back a lot of the feelings I experienced...I was in turmoil. I was excited and anxious, happy and sad, exhilirated and frustrated...
And now I'm here and life is much more relaxed...

This is Frame Lake. It is frozen over, I even saw people on ice skis and skidoos. Apparently the ice isn't quite ready for people to go on, but I guess some are just imprudent.

Sunset at 2pm?? No, not quite, it set at 3:56 today. In regions that are further North, it will stop rising all together.
5 comments:
do you follow edmonton for prayer timings year roung?
it's nice to have "lazy weekends" one in a while...i had one myself this past weekend..full of bumming around and watching some indian movies :)
bumming around and watching indian movies is fun once in a while :-)
Salaam Mav and Saima!
Yes indeed, it is nice to be lazy every now and again, especially when it is cold outside and warm insdie.
Mav: Yellowknife and areas further North follow Edmonton all year round. So even though the sun sets at 3:50, magrib isn't in until 4:40.
Lots of Love to you both!
your pics arereally lovely my dear
mom
Post a Comment