Saturday, January 27, 2007

*#%%&! Snow

So ask me what I do every Saturday?

I shovel snow! Bloody Snow! Oh yeah, and I clean the mess I create during the week...gee I live such a glamorous life, don't I? Lol!
I actually don't mind shovelling snow, but it is just that there is no where to put it anymore. Aunt D keeps saying that snow season hasn't even begun yet...Bloody global warming, it is causing arid places like Yellowknife to become more temperate and wet. It was pretty cold this week and then on Thursday it was only -7 C and we had a huge snowfall. I just got back from shovelling the entire yard (it took me over 1 hr!). And I am not even done yet! Enough ranting...

I keep meaning to do a post about Northern Art one of these days. I love art of all kinds and there are some really cool artists in the North. I wish I was an artist, but alas, I dabble in all kinds of things and am not really 'good' at anything in particular. Though I have always enjoyed drawing and painting and have recently gotten into knitting. I took up cross stitching this week. Here is my first piece, I call it "I'm a little Teapot" LOL. It isn't actually finished yet, but take a look:




It is basically a series of X-stitches on a canvas. I bought a pattern from the store the other day so that is what I will work on next, and though the teapot looks small, it actually took me a couple of hours. Oh well, cross-stitching is busy idleness.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

why do you have to shovel the whole yard? as for cross stitching, that's pretty cool- i used to do it when i was younger.

Sumayyah said...

Mav: The yard has to be shoveled because there has to be a path for the propane man. The propane tank is in the yard beside the deck. So the deck has to be clean, the driveway, there has to be a path and it has to be maintained even though the propane man comes once every couple of weeks. As soon as the temperature warms up it snows, so all of that snow has to be dispersed. That is pretty much it.