Oh *sigh*.
I'm not a good blogger. I don't know what's wrong, I think it must be Facebook. Yes, that's it, Facebook is the cause of my lack of good blogging. The thing is, it that I can keep up with all my friends by posting notes, adding videos, writing on their walls and all that jazz and that gives me the satisfaction of communicating with loved ones without having to sit down and try to come up with something creative.
My other problem is that I don't have internet at home. I paid $40 to get a month of Starbucks internet service, but then I have to pack the heavy computer and go out and sit in a coffee shop for 2 hours. Not to mention that I usually buy a tea or something, so if I do that daily it becomes wasteful in the $$ dept. So there's another excuse.
Let's see, so far 2 excuses...I have one more. I think the reason I was much more passionate about blogging my experiences in Yellowknife vs Kelowna is because Yellowknife was so completely different from anything I had experienced in Montreal and I was on a big adventure. Kelowna is beautiful and all but overall not to exciting in some ways. So yeah, those are my excuses for being a crappy blogger.
So what is new? Well, still working during the week and still hanging out on the weekends. I have been a bit hesitant to sign up for art classes or pilates or something, mainly because I didn't want to make any commitments since my job is temporary. Oh, and yes, I do have commitment problems, I have problems committing to a monthly bus pass! But I think the time has come to sign up for a class of some sort, it's getting a bit boring in the evenings. I don't have internet or television or a cell phone, and though I do enjoy painting and am currently working on a portfolio but it can't be forced, a lot of my art comes through inspiration! So tonight I am scouring the continuing ed courses at the college and writing down numbers for pilates and yogo classes, time to bite the bullet and get out there...
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sigh I've had the same problem with my son "northern exposure" I haven't checked in with you for ages but want to tell you how I've enjoyed following your adventures, and appreciated learning about what you and your peers are going through.In some ways it reminds me of being a young woman in the seventies, looking for freedom. Little did I know then what was going on in the world. I hope things go well for you: I love your honesty, introspection, affectionate nature, and bravery. As we say in back home here, you go girl.
Post a Comment